The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Mediterranean Island Pirate Mega-Map ReaperCon 2012
Hello everyone.  Back at the original TerraGenesis site, I created a large 3-D map for ReaperCon 2012, a convention held at the makers of Reaper Miniatures.  The theme of the convention was pirates.  For the miniature battles, they wanted three pirate island maps (eventually knocked down to two) that shared the same general layout, but could have their own interpretation from there.  I agreed to make one of the maps.

For my map, I decided to go against the stereotypical tropical island and instead create a rocky Mediterranean island with ancient ruins that had been taken over by pirates.

This was another of those Push-Hard-Short-Deadline projects.  Start to finish, I had only six weeks.

I had a lot of fun with this project, and since the WIP threads eventually get erased, I thought I'd share the journey of making this project here at the new site.  Smile

I'll do my best to show the overall flow of the original WIP thread, but I plan to edit out some of the comments others made along the way.

The support, encouragement, and enthusiasm expressed by the TG community during the project was it's usual wonderful self and I want to preserve that example here as much as possible.

If you were one of those that gave me ideas and encouragement as I embarked on this mad project, please don't take the removal of any of your posts from this thread as anything other than an attempt at streamlining.  I couldn't have done this project without you.   Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes ableman33's post

Messages In This Thread
Mediterranean Island Pirate Mega-Map ReaperCon 2012 - ableman33 - 12-22-2014, 08:40 AM