Troglodon Cave.
This piece is gonna be big - perhaps a tad overambitious. I wanted a cave entrance/exit for my Lustria board and will use this competition as an excuse to get it done. The timing is unfortunate as I am heading to the real Lustria Central/South America at the end of March. Sure I can take a bunch of inspirational pictures... but I won't be building during that time.

Quick concept sketch:

[Image: 25083296180_8ae7842aaa_c.jpg]

I know skull faced caves are an overdone cliché - but it's fun!
I'm looking forward to seeing how you bring this piece to life. You're right - it is a little cliched, so I feel you will need something to make it stand out.
[+] 1 user Likes Blocky's post
BUILD DAY 0

I'm already procrastinating to the point of moving backwards. I have spent hours doodling on bar napkins and in newspaper margins. The front page of last weeks ArtVoice is now a pretty detailed half scale drawing of what I hope to accomplish (drawn over the face of Neko Case).

As far as actual progress I have this:
[Image: 25487454086_c60fe5f160_c.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SethDrallitoc's post
Someone from my small circle of gaming friends, asked me how my Troglodon cave is coming along...

The picture in the last post... That's pretty much it. I did purchase some materials. That's all I've done though.

I think this project is going to get canned. Not forever - just for the time being.

It's such a shame - as this is what I wanted to build and I started this competition in order to give myself that extra incentive.

What have I been doing all this time?

[Image: 26150025926_b568dd7baf_c.jpg]

Building. I have till the end of this month to add 13 buildings to my table, along with some barricades and dead woods. Luckily, my failsafe fountain, also needs to be added to this set - so I will switch all focus on to that project.
[+] 1 user Likes SethDrallitoc's post
Look at that sexy wainscoting!
Well, maybe no progress on the cave, but those buildings are boss! I hope you'll post more about them in the future as well?
(04-01-2016, 08:16 PM)Munin Wrote: Look at that sexy wainscoting!

My watchtower? 

Thanks! I like it too! 

My dining room? 

Eh! I've had better! 
(04-01-2016, 09:22 PM)ekobor Wrote: Well, maybe no progress on the cave, but those buildings are boss! I hope you'll post more about them in the future as well?

As soon as I have the time to take/edit/upload/describe the pictures I will add them to my WIP log. 

Welcome to Terragenesis!  Big Grin
(04-01-2016, 11:29 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 09:22 PM)ekobor Wrote: Well, maybe no progress on the cave, but those buildings are boss! I hope you'll post more about them in the future as well?

As soon as I have the time to take/edit/upload/describe the pictures I will add them to my WIP log. 

Welcome to Terragenesis!  Big Grin

Awesome, I'll be on the look out!
Thanks! I was a very green (with envy and newness to the hobby) person on the old boards and just recently decided to try it out again Smile