Futuristic Pipe/Aqueduct Thingy
I spent a productive day at work replacing what seemed like a thousand fluoro lights with verysimilar LED lights. So I now have these:

[Image: 20160120_092714.jpg]

[Image: 20160120_092722.jpg]

In the next picture you can see where I have circled the end caps which have a slightly rounded edge and also some little white plastic doo-dads that came off the lights.

[Image: 20160120_09272a.jpg]

So, I'm thinking of a modular system of above ground pipes (with oozy broken bits and maybe a pumping station). As always, I'm thinking big!
[+] 1 user Likes Blocky's post
Sounds like a good plan and good starting loot... gotta love ooze & doo-dads! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes MellyMonkey's post
I replied to this thread a while ago but apparently it didn't stick (I see no reason for the comment to be deleted so I guess it must have been a computer glitch on my end - I have been having many of those lately).

In my minds eye - seeing the starting point and having seen what you have made before - I can picture exactly how this will look and function.

It looks incredible!

I hope it lives up to my expectations! Let's see some progress shots!!!!!

Secondarily - how do you like the new lights? I have been considering replacing my garage florescents for some time now.
(01-25-2016, 11:11 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: I replied to this thread a while ago but apparently it didn't stick (I see no reason for the comment to be deleted so I guess it must have been a computer glitch on my end - I have been having many of those lately).  

In my minds eye - seeing the starting point and having seen what you have made before - I can picture exactly how this will look and function.

It looks incredible!

I hope it lives up to my expectations! Let's see some progress shots!!!!!

Secondarily - how do you like the new lights? I have been considering replacing my garage florescents for some time now.

The lights were for work, but they are heaps brighter and way less wattage.

Unfortunately they are still boxed up at work - hope to bring it all home tomorrow. I've been digging out my modelling tools and materials this week - they are all boxed up as it's been years since I last had a chance to play.
Okay... so I haven't gotten very far...yet.

I have found the time to make a rather basic doodle in Tinkercad - it looks fairly ridiculous but you'll get the idea:

[Image: Pipe.png]

There will obviously be much more detail.

I am planning on making several long straight pipes, a section that goes up and over a road, several junctions and a pumping station. More if I can find the time. It may not be the most intricate piece but it will be BIG! I have high hopes for the pumping station.

Construction starts tomorrow!
I pictured the end caps being used as connectors in a modular system. To hide the joints.

[Image: 20160127_101440_zpsyqcd8gxq.jpg]
Exactly right. The only problem is they have a rounded edge on one end which looks cool but is not handy - so I'll have to cut each one down a bit to make the connectors. Nothing is ever easy...

Here is what I have to work with:

About 20 meter long tubes
[Image: 20160128_081242.jpg]

30 - 40 end caps
[Image: 20160128_081343.jpg]

And a heap of these little white thingies
[Image: 20160128_081432.jpg]
It's been a slow start. Apart from bringing the stuff home, I have only had time to sketch out some ideas:

[Image: 20160129_215456.jpg]

[Image: 20160129_215443.jpg]

[Image: 20160129_215509.jpg]

I think I'll be quite happy with the holding tank:

[Image: 20160129_215525.jpg]

Actual construction starts tomorrow!

I have 2 problems: I'm not quite sure what to do with the litte white thingies, and I'm thinking of painting the pipe with colour instead of just metallics. Just not sure what colour. I'm thinking yellow with some metallics and rust.
[+] 1 user Likes Blocky's post
The little white thingys would look great as 'gubbinz' on the Pipe supports or under the pipe itself - perhaps even with smaller pipes or cables coming out of them.
Glad to see you don't spend all of your imagining time in front of a computer. There is a lot to said for the quick sketch.

For this competition, I made no sketch. I have not put pen to paper once, to plan things out. I have just been looking for junk and imagining ways to use it. The design has evolved with each useful component.

I'm getting close to the end now and can see the finished project very clearly in my mind... Until I find some more rubbish!

You have managed to get the dome into your build - something I scrapped for the greater good of the finished product. Though with so much time left remaining - I may enter again. I already have the perfect dome...