Roadside Attraction
For this competition entrants must build something found on the roadside.
It could be anything such as road signs, abandoned vehicles, checkpoints, motels, inns or tourist traps as a few examples, as long as it is something that is there because of the road (if you don't like roads, railroads, waterways or any reasonable artery of transportation is also acceptable).
It isn't necessary to build the road itself, just the thing by the road.

As an additional and totally optional challenge include include a "pop culture" Easter Egg (or more than one if you want).     
[+] 2 users Like extraevildave's post
(10-31-2015, 06:32 AM)extraevildave Wrote: ...something that is there because of the road...

As an additional and totally optional challenge include include a "pop culture" Easter Egg (or more than one if you want).     
Nice idea Dave.

Two senses of Easter Egg pop into my head. So, I am confused.

Bridge? bridges??

(10-31-2015, 10:16 PM)pendrake Wrote: Two senses of Easter Egg pop into my head. So, I am confused.

Bridge? bridges??

The type of Easter Egg that I'm referring to is a hidden or subtle joke built into the main project.  Some examples: "Romans go home" written as graffiti in bad Latin and then corrected on a classical age building, a reference to Monty Pythons Life of Brian or a miniature version of the WH40K rule book placed in an imperial chapel.   

Bridges are usually part of the road system so I wouldn't think they count, however a pedestrian overpass could count.
I like it.... now what to make?
(11-05-2015, 01:11 AM)grifman Wrote: I like it.... now what to make?

Indeed. Tob wants me to experiment more with those mushrooms (as does Malefactus/DeafNala; but that's another forum) but I can't think of a way to relate them to a road...I'm not feeling it.

When will the final entry thread be up? Smile
[+] 1 user Likes lunarion's post
(12-18-2015, 12:53 PM)lunarion Wrote: When will the final entry thread be up? Smile

Working on it now! The holidays have gotten me behind!