Romany-mini
Oi! Down to the wire for me. I'm headed out of town shortly & not dressed yet because I have to get this entered before I go! So, I apologize if my write up is brief.

The wagon wheels came in, as did the glass orbs. I also got some painting done.
[Image: sA23CH.jpg]

The wheels are smaller than I would have liked and the crystal ball is larger than I'd like. I was trying to find the best compromise to overall ball size and the opening available. This hole is so very small.
[Image: mG1j2P.jpg]

I decided to put a grim reaper inside to be a horrible omen, plus it was tall & skinny enough to fit into the globe Tongue
[Image: wwLfHB.jpg]

I put him inside with some cotton quilt-filler to add some "conjuring magic" to it, but really it just ended up blocking my view of the skull face. Oh well.
[Image: HMT2bK.jpg]

I cut a square out of an old board game board and glued on a mix of different basing materials I have. (Fine turf, tea grounds, and a "dump bin" of everything else)
[Image: U63fJd.jpg]
[Image: HRmLzi.jpg]

I got some buddies to help hold things while my glued dried.
[Image: 4tgItD.jpg]
[Image: DTgBwb.jpg]

Various other details were added like tarot cards, printed posters, the steps for customers, etc.
[Image: w7D6HZ.jpg]

All in all, not my proudest achievement but I am glad I at least had something to show at the end of the comp.
[Image: SFTfP3.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes MellyMonkey's post
I'm really glad you did that gold accent painting because, to me, the romance of these wagons is all in the paint jobs! I think the wheel size looks great and not too small. And getting anything in those orbs is a challenge. :\ Though I'd really like to know where you got yours if you feel like sharing. I don't think the misty magic swirl covers him too much but it definitely benefits from it being in there. I think it's an appropriate touch!

The coolest part of this to me is your shingle roof. It was totally the right choice to use a natural material because it does so much for it in terms of looking real and worn and with natural variation that's so hard to replicate with uniform materials.
Thanks for the feedback! The bulb came from this Etsy shop. They have many different shapes to choose from.
I can just picture it now>

The swirling mists pass to reveal a deathlike visage. The customer becomes fearful and steps backwards - falling down the staircase and breaking his neck.

Madam Katrina: "Damnit! There goes another one... I really need to start taking payment in advance! "

I too love that paintjob. I think everyone did a fantastic job squeezing their projects in at the last minute.
[+] 2 users Like SethDrallitoc's post
(08-22-2015, 03:01 AM)MellyMonkey Wrote: Thanks for the feedback! The bulb came from this Etsy shop. They have many different shapes to choose from.

Oooh, that's brilliant! I actually didn't realise it was so small until I saw that picture. I've gotten some globes and the like from Etsy before, though they can be expensive. This looks like a great price though so I will keep this link. The domes I got I ended up going straight to a manufacturer for. Shipping was pretty expensive but they came in at less than 1$ a piece that way. Not bad, considering many people sell domes like that for sometimes five dollars apiece on Etsy!
(08-22-2015, 09:54 AM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: The swirling mists pass to reveal a deathlike visage. The customer becomes fearful and steps backwards - falling down the staircase and breaking his neck.

Ha! I knew there was a reason that steps were going to be a bad idea. Tongue
I am glad you finished on time. This was a cool effort with some new-to-me materials. The pine cone leaf as roof looks great, and this is a place where cut squares of card just wouldn't have done it.
[+] 1 user Likes Asdel's post