Competition IV: Miniature in Miniature
Who doesn't love tiny terrain? And more importantly, what denizen of tiny terrain doesn't love even tinier terrain?

So for this month's competition, all entries must include an element that represents something in miniature in relation to the scale of the piece itself. Possible entries might include:
  • A tiny model railroad
  • A sand table around which miniature soldiers plot their next offensive
  • A miniature map
  • A game table complete with tiny pieces
  • A miniature's tiny model in any stage of construction
  • A sculpture studio (so long as it isn't "life-sized" or larger in relation to the scale of the overall piece).
  • A watchmaker's workshop

I figure this will give us all an excuse to experiment with doing something ridiculously small (though all you folks already doing stuff in 2mm scale will have an edge Wink ).

You know what they say; Go small or go home!

(they don't really say that, but it fit the theme) Tongue
The conundrum is what to build in 2mm scale that it miniature relative to the things around it.

2mm scale miniature golf? I'll have to do some thinking.
Ha! Interesting... Just be carefull about nesting. Wink

[Image: model_rail.png]
[+] 3 users Like MellyMonkey's post
(07-01-2015, 01:12 PM)MellyMonkey Wrote: Ha! Interesting... Just be carefull about nesting. Wink

[Image: model_rail.png]

ROTFLOMAO!!!
I'm really into 1/6th scale action figures... so, maybe a 3d map in the war room... interesting category...
(07-01-2015, 12:18 AM)Munin Wrote:
  • A sculpture studio (so long as it isn't "life-sized" or larger in relation to the scale of the overall piece).

OK, I am a little confused by that bullet point. But, moving on:

First idea. A chessboard setup for a pair of giants to use. Giants as in about 3 inches high, they play with rudely carved chessmen, on a stone table they have setup in the valley between their lairs...

Scale 1:60  ( 30mm minis ) 

Second idea: a table covered in blue cloth. There is a naval wargame in progress on top. Tiny slivers of wood as boats.

All of my ideas need figures playing the games to sell both scales ... Huh 

I could always put some 28mm troops around my 2mm board. Similar difference to doll house scale.

I am giving some thought to a pond in 2mm scale with a few model boats on it.
[+] 1 user Likes Caleb's post
(07-01-2015, 05:11 PM)pendrake Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 12:18 AM)Munin Wrote:

OK, I am a little confused by that bullet point. But, moving on:

What I mean by that is that the sculptures that the miniature sculptor is making can't be "life-sized," because then they wouldn't be miniature to the miniature sculptor.
A chance to make lots of tiny details?  Big Grin  Count me in.
Now which idea to go with?
[+] 1 user Likes extraevildave's post
(07-01-2015, 05:53 PM)Caleb Wrote: I could always put some 28mm troops around my 2mm board. Similar difference to doll house scale.

I am giving some thought to a pond in 2mm scale with a few model boats on it.

2mm Scale boats as model boats on an HO [?] scale pond...?