46.67%
7 46.67%
vampyrevenom - "Fungus Stump"
53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Voting closed!
Please vote in the Fungi/Flora Competition here.

This thread will automatically lock at midnight April 21. The deadline for entries ends in endedat 0:00 on April 22nd 2015.
Be sure to give yourself enough time before the close of the competition in case there are any issues posting. No entries will be added in after the deadline, no matter what the cause of the delay. Note that voters will be judging the presentation of your work as well as the work itself. Final entries should be entered with photos that are large, crisp, and well lit. Members will be allowed a maximum of 5 photos per entry. Competition submissions also require a brief description of the materials used, completed size, intended final purpose and a link to your WIP thread.

Observers are encouraged to give comments & critiques in the user's WIP thread in an effort to keep this thread organized with submissions only. Voting will be open for 5 days after the entry deadline.
[+] 1 user Likes TerraGenesis's post
FOR:                   Comp II (Monstrous Flora/Fungi)
COMP DATE:         March 1 to April 21, 2015
TITLE OF PIECE:    " You can't get me gold "
BUILT FOR:           Private Collection Piece
SIZE:                  6" x 6"  (28mm)
MATERIALS USED: (6"x 6" wooden pine base, commercial ceiling tile cut to proper size, Crayola Air-Dry Clay/white, Elmer's White Glue, Hot Stuff - Super Thin (3 sec) Cyanoacrylate, all paints (Acrylic Artist paints), all inks (Adirondack - Alcohol Inks), Giant Mushroom Head & Stalk (Polyvinyl Resin), flowers & leaves (common basic stock), ground cover (common basic stock), spray paints (Krylon Flat White & Clear Gloss), Herby head (Polyvinyl Resin), metal pot (28mm parts box), Leprechaun (Grenadier 28mm metal figure), gold in pot (Recollections - Gold Glass Glitter).

[Image: ME%20GOLD.001_zpsbkpssd4w.jpg]
[Image: ME%20GOLD.002_zpsbgtemjdp.jpg]
[Image: ME%20GOLD.003_zpsqw2kzfww.jpg]
[Image: ME%20GOLD.004_zpsq780blje.jpg]
[Image: ME%20GOLD.006_zpsexdz7kqg.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like catdancer's post
Fungus Stump

For this piece I used a foam core and built up with air drying clay. Clay was also used for for the flat fungi and blood fungi. Natural cracks in the clay were converted to cracks in the wood and the roots strengthened at the base using hot glue. The star fungi was made out of two part epoxy putty. The piece was painted with a combination of games workshop acrylics, emulsion paint and Tamiya Colour clear acrylic (blood). The piece was finished with a mix of various grass flocks.

A wardancer and treeman have been used to show scale, the piece measures 23 X 14 X 7 cm.

[Image: DSCN2671.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2661.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2662.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2666.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2670.jpg]
From Hell We Cometh, Into the Light, Hide, Take Cover, Throughout the Night
Yours, Eternally Damned

Vampyre Venom
[+] 1 user Likes vampyrevenom's post
Sorry about the delay, but everything is straightened out now and voting is OPEN!
Thanks for taking care of that while I was gone, Tob. Smile  Looks like it's a close race!
I don't know if this is the correct place for this posting...if not, please move it to the proper spot/thread!

My computer shows a posting by (Tob...4/23/2015)...Sorry about the delay, but everything is straightened out now and the voting is OPEN!

A later posting by MellyMonkey reads...Thanks for taking care of that while I was gone, Tob. Looks like it's a close race!

It is 2:55 PM (Las Vegas time) on 4/26/2015 and from my understanding...the voting closes on 4/27/2015!

My computer shows that there are only (2) entries and neither one has received a single vote! Is this the correct current state of the matter or is there something wrong with my computer connection?

Do any other members have these same current voting figures?

Thank you for any information in regard to this matter.

Paul (Catdancer)
(04-26-2015, 06:03 PM)catdancer Wrote: My computer shows that there are only (2) entries and neither one has received a single vote!

This is odd. There ARE two entries, but 12 votes have been cast.

I don't know why you'd be seeing otherwise unless you're looking at a cached old copy of this page. That seems unlikely since you had to log in and call this page to make your latest post.

Are you using a fairly standard browser? If no, do you have another browser you can try? Does it do any good to try to reload this page?

I'll give it some more thought and alert others.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?
Thank you for your reply Tob.

The/my browser is the same one I have been using since I joined the site (Google Chrome)...have had no other problems with any other postings and/or communications (except for the one currently stated).

Currently; when I click on the (voting thread)...it appears at the top of the (2) entries page...both entries are listed at the far left of the page...no votes are shown...and under the (2) entries is the word (vote).

I have no problem going back and clicking the (COMP I) voting index/chart that clearly shows the number of votes cast with a dark line running through each entry and the total votes received by each to the far right.

I get no such screen on this voting index.

I have reloaded the page a number of times over the past few days...logged off and on each day...and get the same (0 Vote) results.

So I have no idea as to what is going on!

Paul (Catdancer)

I just went to the vote page I mentioned above and clicked on the word (VOTE)...I got a screen that reads..." The specified poll option is invalid or does not exist."...I can give you no more information!
(04-26-2015, 08:23 PM)catdancer Wrote: " The specified poll option is invalid or does not exist."...I can give you no more information!

That's very bizarre; as if your account isn't seeing it.
(04-26-2015, 08:23 PM)catdancer Wrote: I just went to the vote page I mentioned above and clicked on the word (VOTE)...I got a screen that reads..." The specified poll option is invalid or does not exist."...I can give you no more information!

Had you actually specified which you were voting for or did you just click the "vote" button?  Clicking the button while not having selected an option would be a invalid response.

Also, you can't see vote counts until you have voted.  Have you voted?  I guess that you were seeing the "vote" button means you haven't.