The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 192 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 192 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 716 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1057 build_postbit
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 192 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Storage tank disaster
(01-09-2018, 01:00 AM)Charger3604bbl Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 02:52 PM)locomoticopter Wrote: Well here's the funny thing. I don't actually play. I can't find a game with simple enough rules that I can play. I don't have time for difficult rules, or having to read a set of books to be able to play a game. I enjoy building models. I really enjoy scratch building. The thing I like about gaming terrain is that I can do small sci-fi projects. Playability isn't really a concern for me. The sad thing about that is that none of my projects ever get used.

Ever see this site?
https://onepagerules.com

I have been there before. Those are still not simple enough. I'm not in to building point based armies or keeping track of things like morale. I would need something almost video game-ish. I guess I am looking for something that doesn't require any deep strategy. I'm looking for more of a simple hit or miss, kill or be killed.
(01-09-2018, 02:12 PM)locomoticopter Wrote: I don't actually play. I can't find a game with simple enough rules that I can play.

I'm looking for more of a simple hit or miss, kill or be killed.

If you're interested, I can help you with this. You want what I call "business card rules"; rules that can fit on a business card.

Your game could be as simple as estimating the likelihood of a kill as a percentage, then rolling percentile dice.

Or if you're into melee, you could (or I could) whip up a D20 style combat results table. Cross reference attacker weapon with defender armor, and roll a D20 under that number.

Lots of different directions this could take.
(01-10-2018, 12:32 AM)Tob Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 02:12 PM)locomoticopter Wrote: I don't actually play. I can't find a game with simple enough rules that I can play.

I'm looking for more of a simple hit or miss, kill or be killed.

If you're interested, I can help you with this. You want what I call "business card rules"; rules that can fit on a business card.

Your game could be as simple as estimating the likelihood of a kill as a percentage, then rolling percentile dice.

Or if you're into melee, you could (or I could) whip up a D20 style combat results table. Cross reference attacker weapon with defender armor, and roll a D20 under that number.

Lots of different directions this could take.

Thanks for the offer. The problem I find is that I think I am being unrealistic. I want something as simple as hit or miss, but I want some depth to it. It's kind of like I want a chocolate Sunday, but I don't want chocolate sauce on my ice cream.

The one game that I do play and am quite fond of is zombicide. One thing I have considered is attempting to take the same mechanics and somehow make it head to head playable. I worked on that concept a little bit. I like how visual everything is in that game. Everything is tracked on a big card. It is very video game like. Anyway I guess I'm getting off topic. I had started a thread in this subject a while back. Maybe I should resurrect that one or start a new one.
(01-08-2018, 01:36 AM)Charger3604bbl Wrote: Great project!  I like the blow out effect and the fabric paint is a good idea for better in- scale welds.  Did you do anything to the torn edges of the can to protect against injury during game play?  Seems like they could be a little sharp!

Have you tried DUST?