Route 66 Final
I see Blocky put up a final entry, so I figured I would do the same.

You will find the template I used at my WIP

I didn't build this for any particular use other than this competition. This build did however inspire me to buy and play the game Zombicide. The construction is balsa wood, and textured plastic sheeting.

For some reason the picture links are not visible in the text entry field so I cannot caption each picture individually. I will instead describe them in the order displayed.

In picture #1 you will see an overview of the finished product. Here you can see the contrasting materials used. In my WIP you will see each door and window is framed out in balsa.

In picture #2 I wanted to showcase how much texture the balsa wood added to the build. This is also where I chose to deviate a little from the template. The original design has the opening as a window. I decided to make it a loft with barn doors. There is a timber just above those doors. I had hoped to find an old fashioned hoist, or a pulley to hang on it.

In picture #3 you will see more of the balsa wood work and my attempt at old plate glass windows. The windows were made of clear plastic packaging. 

Picture #4 shows my favorite feature of this build. The shop area was built by laying strips of balsa over the template, then cutting and gluing. This was the first part that I built.

Finally in picture #5 you will see some inhabitants from Zombicide which is my favorite game at the moment. The two heroes in the front were not included in the game. However the nice thing about Zombicide is that custom character development is very simple.

[img][Image: 34695403194_5fb03880c8_c.jpg]Route 66 by locomoti-copter mechanic, on Flickr[/img] 
[img][Image: 35406278991_7c3d3fc501_c.jpg]Route 66 by locomoti-copter mechanic, on Flickr[/img][img][Image: 34695381744_77bd52c3c6_c.jpg]Route 66 by locomoti-copter mechanic, on Flickr[/img][img][Image: 35497457736_06bd1146f6_c.jpg]Route 66 by locomoti-copter mechanic, on Flickr[/img][img][Image: 35536726655_07404ce649_c.jpg]Route 66 by locomoti-copter mechanic, on Flickr[/img]

There it is. Hopefully Terragenesis will come back to lif and there will be more competitions to come. Until then I will have to come up with my own challenges.
[+] 2 users Like locomoticopter's post
This piece came together really nicely. I love the various shades of aged wood and the "broken glass" (in the door especially).

As for TG coming back to life, I think the address swap messed with a bunch of people. I know it took me like a week to suspect that something was amiss, and it wasn't until I remembered that Andy had gotten the terragenesis.com domain name that I thought to look there instead of blindly following my bookmark.
(08-14-2017, 02:36 PM)Munin Wrote: This piece came together really nicely. I love the various shades of aged wood and the "broken glass" (in the door especially).

As for TG coming back to life, I think the address swap messed with a bunch of people. I know it took me like a week to suspect that something was amiss, and it wasn't until I remembered that Andy had gotten the terragenesis.com domain name that I thought to look there instead of blindly following my bookmark.

Thank you for the compliments.

On the subject of TG. I only found the .com address because I was checking the old .co.uk for any news.