The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 192 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 192 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 716 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1057 build_postbit
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 192 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Downtime (July 2017)
My apologies for the forum having been down for the last week. Due entirely to a screw up on my part:

In a nutshell, having recently acquired the terragenesis.com domain name I decided that having .net, .info, .co.uk and .uk as well was excessive. My intention is to allow them all to lapse apart from the .com (the most desirable) and the .co.uk (basically for sentimental/nostalgic purposes). Rather stupidly I somehow managed to forget that the .uk was in use for the forum. Doh!

The .uk IS now lapsed (which is what took the forum offline). What I've done is to recreate the forum here in a sub-directory of the .com. Alas there is no way to put a message on the .uk so people are just going to have to figure it out for themselves. Please pass on the word if you know anybody who might be struggling / unaware.

Again: my apologies not only for it having been down, but also for it having taken me a few days to deal with it. I'm currently up to my ears in work work (which partly explains how I managed to screw up in the first place).

My future plans re Terragenesis are to move everything over to the .com that currently resides on the .info and .co.uk
After that I intend to re-open the old forum and implement a plan to revitalise the whole thing. As I say, I am up to my ears in work work... but a significant chunk of that, that I can't really tell you a whole lot about, is that I've been contracted to write a book on making wargames terrain. As a result of this I've been thinking and doing, despite not posting, about terrain quite a lot of late... and about Terragenesis' role in a world where everyone has an account with Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Pintrest, Blogger, etc. and for the most part prefers to post on them about their work rather than contribute to something like TG.

Now isn't the time for me to go into details and I mention it only because a few of the messages I've had about the forum being offline have hinted at concern that it had been shut down. I have no intention of shutting down TG, on the contrary: I think it has a great future.

Sorry again for my screw up.
[+] 1 user Likes AndySlater's post
Welcome back!

Long live TerraGenesis!

I'm really glad it was just some minor hiccups.

And that's fantastic news about your book Andy! Big Grin
Best of luck to you.
Glad it's back. I hope everyone finds their way over hear eventually.
I've now been able to change things such that all links to the .net, .info and .co.uk, all redirect to .com
I've put notices on the .com, and the old forum (which is now at .com, redirected from .co.uk) to send people through to here.

Alas the one thing I can't do is put a notice at .uk but everything else ultimately sends people here.

Unfortunately most Google searches for TerraGenesis now point to a computer game. Why they chose that name given that they couldn't acquire any of the relevant domain names is beyond me. But hey, who cares? THIS TerraGenesis was here well over a decade (close on two) before them and will be here decades after they're forgotten. ergo: level of concern about their current prominence on Google = zero. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes AndySlater's post