The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Perspectives requested (modular gaming table crafting materials)
Hello all,
I am new to making terrain and am looking for information on what types of foam/base materials are preferable for making landform tiles suitable for 1:48 scale. I have looked around in the forums here and not found any specific brands or types named, apologies if I have overlooked something obvious.

My intention is to make 8 2x2' tiles, using a 1/4" (or 3/8" ?) MDF base with 1" foam glued to the top of each with PVA.

However, I've read horror stories about MDF warping due to pva, other water-based adhesives, or humidity. Is MDF the best choice for this application or do you think there might be a better alternative?

As for the foam, I am looking at getting a few sheets of Corafoam for carving, but again I am a noob and would like to know if you have a better recommendation.

Thank you for your input.
Terra Novicius.

Messages In This Thread
Perspectives requested (modular gaming table crafting materials) - Draugrnaut - 09-19-2016, 02:48 PM