Mediterranean Island Pirate Mega-Map ReaperCon 2012
Here are a couple of pics of stubbdog's board. Hopefully we will get to see his own collection of pics soon. The players had a great time with both boards and we both had lots of interested visitors scoping out our work.

I particularly liked how stubbdog used nicely smooth transitions between his elevations. It inspired me to do something similar with my next non-hex project.

[Image: 15976078356_1ac88db9b2_o.jpg]

[Image: 15976078336_6f8a02476d_o.jpg]

-----

I want to give a personal thanks to stubbdog and Shakandara for letting me be involved in this project. I had a blast and never would have had this opportunity if they had not reached out to me.

It was wonderful to meet in person so many people I have only known from the forums here at TG. They and all the other new friends I made were the best part of the con.  Smile

I also want to give a big thank you to Reaper for hosting this convention and letting me be a part of it. It was wonderful to get to meet so many people that were so enthusiastic about the craft and art behind the games we so enjoy playing. Reaper provides a great service to our community and I look forward to working with them more in the future.

The Reaper warehouse/workshop/store/studio/gaming hall has a gallery filled with beautiful works of miniaturists art, including a couple that meshed quite nicely with this year's pirate theme.

I could have spent hours in there checking out the wonderful details. Sadly, my own skills and eyesight lend themselves more to terrain than minis, so I will continue my own path of creating places for these artist/gamers to play.  Big Grin

[Image: 16001171122_fae35a5e43_o.jpg]

[Image: 15814597270_d124392158_o.jpg]

[Image: 15814597260_e2f9a8418f_o.jpg]

-----

One other nice thing about Reaper to note, at the end of the convention they let me and stubbdog know that they wanted to make an offer on our maps so that they could be used by all the folks who come to Reaper to play. I was ecstatic. Now I know my map is in the best place possible where it can be used by avid gamers all the time.   Big Grin

-----

I will start trying to sort through my MANY shots of the board in action to post a few more examples without overloading Andy's storage.  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mediterranean Island Pirate Mega-Map - ableman33 - 12-26-2014, 05:20 PM