Mediterranean Island Pirate Mega-Map ReaperCon 2012
@ nealcrankshaw - There will be a great deal of reinforcing all around, maybe even some "armor" cladding here and there. I usually build assuming my terrain is going to be used by inebriated gorillas and sugar-hyped two year olds.  Smile

@ pendrake - That is a really cool idea. I will have to keep that in mind for future projects. This time around I think I will be avoiding such clear and fine evidence of sedimentary layering.

-----

As my spouse has noted, I always manage to find the most time intensive way to do things in my pursuit of a certain look.

In this case I think I have found a method of texturing the foam to reproduce the look of crumbling stone like this.

[Image: 15815796359_b5f04dd575_o.jpg]

Unfortunately, that involves grabbing the foam with a pair of pliers and ripping out a small chunk over, and over, and over. It gives a nice effect, but it only textures about one square centimeter at a time... I will do some experiments and post about them later.

I will have to decide if I want to throw in some smoother volcanic ash layers like these for variety (and to speed things up   Smile ).

[Image: 15814535830_b9329fc2dc_o.jpg]

[Image: 15379542344_1e2cab8f05_o.jpg]

-----

I will just have to see what how things look as I start working on things.

Back to work.   Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mediterranean Island Pirate Mega-Map - ableman33 - 12-22-2014, 09:58 AM