The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

General Entry comment thread
Hi. Taking up on the suggestion by Reid, I'm starting this general entry comment thread. Allthough only two of the six projects finished on time, both Catdancer and Vampyrevenom are worty contestants.

Then on to the criticism...

Photo: Vampyr; good idea with the white backround, but please loose the blitz. Instead conscript a couple of lamps or some indirect daylight. You might've cropped your first image better too. Cat; The images are crisp and ligthening is fine, but you might want to switch to a more neutral colour background as it might interfere with the colour settings on your camera. But all in all both entries had nice and clear photos.

Paintjob: Vampyr; nice freehande paintjob on the visible tree rings on top. You added a (heavy) drybrush to the brown trunk and did some nice detailing. However, a few dark washes would have sealed up (some more of) those white cracks made even more visible by the use of blitz. Cat; Nicely detailed yet seemingly somewhat flat paintjob, but I take it that is down to the cartoony feel you're going for. The detailing is great.

Flock: Flock is a form of textured paint imo, and can be used by the same rules with shading and contrasting. Cat, you seem to be deliberate in your placement of the different kinds of flock. You could blend in the differend kinds a bit more, but again I guess that's contrary to the cartoony look you're going for. The moss looks great! Vampyr; I'm glad you chose a varied kind of grass, but you could still break it up a bit more by mixing in other kinds of woodland scatter. The snow flock is too random to work for me. It could've been put to better use on a layer of white paint or excluded alltogether.

Modelling: Vampyr; extra credits for not using any premade stuff. The overall design is cool, while you could've added even more texture to the bark. The accidental cracks turned out to work just fine. Cat; Nice texture on the gluttonous plant, the now invisible wall looks good and the 'shrooms are great!

Playability (not that it matters): Vampyr; can be used as a hill feature, but some issues with access. Cat; none - this is solely a diorama.

Great work both of you, and good luck when woting commence.
[+] 1 user Likes havre's post

Messages In This Thread
General Entry comment thread - havre - 04-22-2015, 05:49 AM
RE: General Entry comment thread - Munin - 04-22-2015, 02:01 PM
RE: General Entry comment thread - reid - 04-27-2015, 06:56 PM