The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 192 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 192 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 184 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 192 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

TerraGenesis Forums
TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY - Printable Version

+- TerraGenesis Forums (http://www.terragenesis.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: TerraGenesis (http://www.terragenesis.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: About the Forum (http://www.terragenesis.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY (/showthread.php?tid=1309)

TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY - AndySlater - 02-15-2018

Sorry for the short notice but I need to take TG offline next week. It could be for a couple of days, or it could be a for couple of weeks.

This is because, due to strategic and lifestyle changes I am shutting down my web server and moving my various websites, and those clients that I still look after, into hosted space. For the last 12 years TG has resided on my server. Obviously TG needs to be moved too.

I've spent the last couple of days moving a couple of my personal sites in order to discover and iron out problems. I am now in a position to begin moving client sites.

The thing is that the next leasing payment on my server is due on the 26th of this month and if I can shut it down before then, such that I don't have to pay it... well... put it this way: that one saved payment will fund TG's continued existence in hosted space for an entire year. So obviously it makes sense to shut the server down sooner rather than later. I'm confident that I can move all of my clients in time... but I'm not so sure about TG. While all of my client sites run on the same software, TG is a different animal altogether and will almost certainly raise new issues that I will have to resolve. At this juncture I don't have the luxury of being able to work it all and save making that payment.

So, sometime before the end of this month, TG is going to disappear. I will put up notice on the home page i.e. at http://www.terragenesis.com/ to let you know what's going on but of course not everybody is going to read this between now and then, and those who are linking direct to the forum might not think to look on the home page. So, if you are in contact with other members outside of TG, and they say "Hey! Did you notice that TG disappeared", please let them know what's going on. Wink

RE: TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY - Tob - 02-15-2018

Change is evolution. Keep up the good work!

RE: TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY - SethDrallitoc - 02-16-2018

Thanks for letting us know!

I have tons that I need to post.

RE: TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY - AndySlater - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 05:11 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: Thanks for letting us know!

I don't know whether to suggest doing it before or after.  There are pros and cons to both.

RE: TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY - Munin - 02-16-2018

Thanks for the warning, Andy!

RE: TG GOING OFFLINE TEMPORARILY - SethDrallitoc - 02-17-2018

(02-16-2018, 05:50 PM)AndySlater Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 05:11 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: Thanks for letting us know!

I don't know whether to suggest doing it before or after.  There are pros and cons to both.

I just don't have time at the moment. Work is hectic and I sit in front of a computer screen for too much of the day. It's the last thing I want to do in my spare time. I want to make things!!!!